Engineering Testing Services
ISI conduct an expansive range of engineering testing services, meeting the requirements of Health and Safety legislation for statutory and non-statutory plant.
There is often a requirement to carry out testing to physically prove the strength, suitability, or mechanical properties of an item of plant or machinery. For example:
- On completion of the manufacturing process
- At installation
- At periodic intervals once in use
ISI test engineers have an in-depth knowledge of any applicable regulations for statutory testing, material properties, and test procedures. We can carry out relevant tests to ensure that your equipment is fit for purpose and safe to operate. Our testing services include:
- Proof loading testing of lifting equipment
- Hydrostatic testing: pressure testing to 150,000 psi of pressure vessels
- Pneumatic pressure testing of moisture-free pressure vessels
- Electrical installation inspection and PAT testing
- Non-destructive testing, weld defect/crack testing to PCN level 3
- Oil, diesel, water, effluent: storage vessel and tank testing and certification to meet the requirements of the Environment Agency
- PPG2 guidance
- Prototype and product testing/certification
Our Testing Facility
ISI’s dedicated test house in Nuneaton, Warwickshire has a range of specific test rigs, blast screens, and specialist test machinery. Some of the test house facilities can be made available for on-site testing, although in some cases it may be more suitable to book the item(s) into our testing facility.
Please see below for more information about each of the engineering testing services provided by ISI:
Proof Load Testing (Lifting Equipment)
It is important to schedule regular maintenance checks for lifting equipment to identify any potential issues before they become a safety hazard. ISI’s Proof Load Testing can ensure that equipment is always safe and fit for purpose.
At Industrial Safety Inspections, our expert team are always happy to provide free impartial advice by phone – whether you have just 1 machine, or 000’s of machines. If you’re unsure of your needs, simply call us on 01675 481779 to discuss your potential safety testing requirements and legal obligations.