Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) plant are subject to ongoing thorough examination and, where appropriate, inspections. This is required in order to achieve Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) compliance.
Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Inspections
LEV inspections check if a local exhaust ventilation system is safe and effective in an industrial or workplace setting.
LEV inspections are crucial to protect workers from exposure to harmful substances. They also maintain a safe working environment, and ensure legal compliance. Regular inspections and maintenance help prevent workplace health issues and maintain productivity in industrial settings where hazardous airborne contaminants are present.
ISI can help with inspections, testing, and certification of plant to meet COSHH compliance requirements.
We will manage the full COSHH assessment schedule for you and let you know well in advance when inspections are due.
More benefits of choosing our professional inspection service include:
- Statutory plant survey to identify inspection requirements (for an agreed fee).
- No-obligation quote for the identified COSHH 9 inspection requirements.
- Local Exhaust Inspection service contract and schedule.
- Inspections by friendly, professional engineers, by appointment.
- Free impartial advice by phone.
- You will receive immediate feedback if any serious defects are identified.
- Summary and review of any queries arising from the LEV inspection, at the end of the visit.
- Written reports by email or via our online reporting system.
What Does Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Include?
Inspecting Local Exhaust Ventilation systems is required by law to remove airborne pollutants from the work environment. This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
Frequently Asked Questions