Pressure Systems Inspections
Having your pressure systems and pressure vessels frequently inspected by ISI will ensure that you comply with all relevant PSSR regulations.
PSSR Inspection Services
At ISI, our pressure systems inspection services provide your company with the necessary certifications to allow you to operate your pressure systems safely and legally, and in order to adhere to the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR 2000).
We will manage the PSSR inspection schedule for you and will let you know well in advance when inspections are due.
More benefits of choosing our professional service include:
- Statutory plant survey to identify PSSR inspection requirements (for an agreed fee).
- No-obligation quote for all identified inspection requirements.
- Test-house facility available if required.
- Inspection Service contract and schedule.
- PSSR Inspections by friendly, qualified pressure vessel inspectors, by appointment.
- Free impartial advice by phone.
- Immediate feedback should any serious defects be identified.
- Summary and review of any queries arising from the inspection, at the end of the visit.
- Written reports by email or via our online reporting system.
- On-site or test house facilities to validate repaired vessels.
What Does Pressure Systems Equipment Include?
There is a legal requirement for thorough examination of pressure vessels and receivers that contain steam, compressed air, and refrigerants. Any pressure vessel containing relevant fluid over 250 bar/litres capacity requires inspection.
Examples of pressure systems and equipment are:
- Boilers and steam heating systems
- Pressurised process plant and piping
- Compressed air systems (fixed and portable)
- Pressure cookers, autoclaves, and retorts
- Heat exchangers and refrigeration plant
- Valves, steam traps, and filters
- Pipework and hoses
- Pressure gauges and level indicators
- Air conditioning plant
You can find a full list of items requiring PSSR thorough examination/inspection on our Equipment Safety Checklist page.
When Are Pressure Vessel Inspections Required?
To establish whether you need a pressure vessel inspection, multiply the vessel operating pressure (in bar units) by the vessel capacity (in Litres) i.e. 10 bar x 50 Litres = 500 bar/litre capacity and therefore is above the 250 bar/litre threshold and requires an inspection with a written scheme of examination.
Owners and users of refrigeration plant containing pressure vessels, with compressor power over 25 kilowatts, also require a written scheme of examination and inspection.